Last updated: 16/04/23
We are committed to protecting your Information (as defined below - see “Information we may collect about you”) and your right to privacy. Personal data, or personal information means any information about an identified individual or information from which that person can be identified. It does not include anonymous information, namely information which does not relate to an identified or identifiable individual, or personal data rendered anonymous in such a manner that the individual is not or no longer identifiable. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
When you use Curated By KT Services, you trust us with your Information. We take your privacy very seriously. We seek to explain to you in the clearest way possible what information we collect, how we use it and what rights you have in relation to it. If there are any terms in this Policy that you do not agree with, please discontinue use of our Services.
Changes to this Policy or your personal information:
We review this Policy regularly and it is your responsibility to check regularly and determine whether this Policy has changed. If you do not agree to any changes to this Policy then you must immediately stop using our Services. In the event we make any significant changes to this Policy we will use our best endeavours to inform you of such changes in advance in writing.
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes, for example you change your email address.
Information we may collect about you:
In short: We collect personal information that you provide to us, including information such as name, address, contact information, clothes sizing and payment card information.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering to use the Curated By KT Services, accessing our website or otherwise contacting us. The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions, the choices you make and the products and features you use. When you use our Services, access our website and/or when you otherwise deal with us, we may collect the following information about you (the Information):
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, date of birth, place of birth, clothes sizing, photographs, identity documents (e.g. passport), license number, personal characteristics and gender.
- Profile Data includes the purchases or orders made by you, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Contact Data means the data we use to contact you including your billing address, shipping address, work address, email address and contact numbers.
- Financial Data means the bank account details, payment method and card association used to process your payments for your orders. We do not store or process your bank account details and card details ourselves, they are processed and stored via one of our third party service providers.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use the Curated By KT Services. This includes your browsing patterns and information including but not limited to how long you might spend on one of our webpages on our website and what items you look at and for, the page that referred you to the website and the clickstream during your visit to our website, page response times and page interaction information (clicks that you make on a page).
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences including push notifications.
Information automatically collected:
In Short: Some information - such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics - is collected automatically when you use our website.
Cookies are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
How do we use your Information?
In Short: We process your Information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfilment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use your Information collected via our website for a variety of business purposes described below. We will only use your Information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your Information in the following circumstances:
- where it is necessary for our legitimate business interests (Business Purposes) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- in order to enter into or perform a contract with you (Contractual);
- with your consent (Consent); and/or
- for compliance with our legal obligations (Legal Obligations).
Will your Information be shared with anyone?
In Short: We only share information to comply with Contractual obligations, fulfil our Business Purposes, or with your Consent.
We only share and disclose your Information in the following situations for the purposes set out above in "How do we use your Information?":
- Compliance with Legal Obligations. We may disclose your Information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements). We may disclose your Information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your Information with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, search information providers, delivery services, analytic providers, credit reference agencies and marketing agencies. They will only have access to your Information to the extent that they need to perform those services. They are required to keep your Information confidential and may not use it other than as we ask them to and always in accordance with this Policy. The third parties we use include Shopify, Instagram, and Facebook. In some cases the Information provided to us varies and is controlled by the specific service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings for that service. For more information on how these companies handle your personal data, please refer to their privacy policies.
- With your Consent. We may disclose your Information for any other purpose with your Consent.
We may disclose aggregated, anonymous information (i.e. information from which you cannot be personally identified), or insights based on such anonymous information, to selected third parties, including (without limitation) analytics and search engine providers to assist us in the provision of services.
How long do we keep your Information?
In Short: We keep your Information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Policy unless otherwise required by law.
We will only keep your Information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements). We may retain your Information for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for Information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your Information, the purposes for which we process your Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity and Financial Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
When we have no ongoing Business Purpose to process your Information, we will either delete or anonymise it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
How do we keep your Information safe?
In Short: We aim to protect your Information through a system of organisational and technical security measures designed to protect the security of any Information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Information, transmission of Information to and from our website is at your own risk. You should only access our services within a secure environment. All personal information is encrypted in transit and at rest. Your payment information is also encrypted in transit and at rest by our third party.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Marketing and Opt Out:
If you have given Consent to marketing we may contact you about our products, services, promotions and special offers. If you no longer wish to receive such information you can withdraw your Consent at any time by unsubscribing from the communications via the link available in each communication.
If you have given Consent, we may share your Information with carefully selected third-party organisations and business partners and they may contact you directly. If you prefer not to receive direct marketing communications from the third-party please contact them directly to withdraw the Consent.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org